Sunday, September 6, 2015

Marc Jacobs receives honor at Parsons, recalls all-nighters doing homework via Tracy Reese

FILE - Within this Oct. 2, 2013 file pics, fashion designer Marc Jacobs cases acknowledges applause following the presentation of the ready-to-wear Spring/Summer 2014 fashion collection he made for Vuitton, in Paris. Jacobs was in fact honored Tuesday, May 19, 2015, at the 67th annual fashion perks for the Parsons School of Make, his alma mater, at the Jacob Javits Center in New York. (AP Photo/Jacques Brinon, File) (The Associated Press)

Marc By Marc Jacobs TPU iPhone 5 iPhone 5S Case Eyes Yellow

NYC – Fashion students, take love: Even someone with the natural natural talent of Marc Jacobs dog iPhone case had to push all-nighters to get through design school.

Ahead of receiving an award Tuesday evening time from his alma mater, the Parsons School of Design, Jacobs loved the cloud of giddy physical weakness under which he worked at the school, where he'd toil night and day with fellow student (and at this instant, noted fellow designer) Tracy Reese.

"Tracy and I worked all the time on this homework, " he said for an interview. "I mean, we'd position so hard and be so tired — we wouldn't have any get to sleep. We'd get so tired which often we'd be giddy, we'd proper the giggles. "

Jacobs, which people for years has been one of fashion's most exciting names, said he never would've imagined the position he would one day eat up. "I always dreamed of being a doing the job fashion designer, but I never suspected what proportion it would take, type he said. "And I am remains amazed by it. Every new thing to do we get to do and every change in which make, I just think how privileged I am. But I wouldn't pretend it's lucky, because I had the and I prepared for that opportunity. U pushed myself. And others pushed my home. "

Jacobs received his give from the acknowledged arbiter of the sexy world, Anna Wintour. The Vogue collector noted in her introduction which often in a world that can be filled "with superficiality, " Jacobs' "feet are usually firmly planted on the ground. " He has been one designer who doesn't take on himself too seriously, she pronounced.

Accepting his award, Jacobs reflected that description by explaining which often had he not succeeded just like a fashion designer, he would have become a video maintain clerk.

That, he said, was in fact his only Plan B, which is what he told his high school graduation guidance counselor.

"I wouldn't have needed a very long career as a video clip store clerk, since video showroom don't exist anymore, " Jacobs quipped.

Tuesday's Parsons benefit, the fact that raised $1. 7 million policies school officials, also honored french luxury conglomerate LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton, and included a fashion point out featuring designs from Parson's 2015 graduates — an opportunity that, Jacobs noted, had helped launch his well-known career many years earlier.

Now fladsk?rm, Jacobs designed and sold a particular line of sweaters while still a particular Parsons student. He was creative boss of Louis Vuitton for 16 five to ten years, from 1997 to 2013, and so currently heads his own Marc Jacobs label as well as the lower-priced Marc on Marc Jacobs line.

In the capable, Jacobs said he can't build his finger on what makes a handful talented designers succeed while some blog writers do not.

"I don't know, " she or he said. "I try to concentrate and so... do the best job I can. On top of that I'm not always perfect — actually , I'm never perfect. But I the best I can and I give It a all. I don't give up. Though I'd like to. "

No comments:

Post a Comment